Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's Not a Contest.................


I've been thinking about what I wanted to write about for a few weeks now. Christmas has come and gone.The year 2011 is new and old already if your routine hasn't changed. A lot is going on in the world these days. Precedents are standard fair..sort of a societal Shock and Awe
.
In the midst of all this I am compelled  to stand my ground. Stand in the realization that, I am enough!  My contribution to society is self!... yea.. I didn't come to the planet to sign up for the race of who's got the most, I am enough!  It took me more than half of my lifetime so far to come to this conclusion, and I can tell you, it's a deeply satisfying perspective.

What's on my mind is that I believe we all contribute something special, some of us are the teachers, but all of us are learning.  I'm learning that less is so much more! I embrace slow living lovingly. Fresh baked bread, line drying my laundry, truck restoration my landscape design projects, living low on the radar is so much more peaceful. I appreciate enjoying breakfast on the front porch and  hanging out with my dogs in the garden. I'm humbled by light that creates sculpture is unexpected places I am dazzled by the dance of the humming birds.

I'm even more humbled by the ability to "SEE".  I see the world in paintings and still life sculptures..how grateful I am for this artistry. I digress. With the advancements in technology it is easy to get caught up in the contest of what's new and improved. I hope you will  find your rhythm of slow....keep something for yourself. I dare ya!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!!I wonder sometimes if anyone reads my blog..I write for myself, my ponderings,projects or perspectives.Spread the word!! Come back often!! In the meantime let's spread the love!

    ReplyDelete